ncidents happen on a daily basis and being able to understand the Incidents module means that what used to take minutes will now take seconds.
Log in to Medical Tracker and select the Incidents module in the top toolbar.
Select New Incident at the top and select the type of incident: Injury, Illness, Near Miss or Staff & Visitor. Most likely you will choose the injury option.
This will take you to the injury form. Any of the fields with an asterix next to them are DFE required fields and need to be filled out.
- Name of the Student e.g. Chloe Bowman - This is a free text box that will suggest the closest name to what you have typed
- Name of the first aider, as in the person who attended the incident. e.g. Dean Mustapha. This is a free text box that will suggest the closest name to what you have typed, and is pulled from your school staff list.
- Date will automatically default to today's date and time when the form was started.
- Location of injury refers to location within the school e.g. Small Playground This is a dropdown list that is pulled from the school locations section of the Settings panel
- Injured area refers to part of the body e.g. Forehead. This is a drop down list of predetermined injuries
- Injury/Symptom is how the injury happened e.g. Cut/graze. This is a drop down list of predetermined injuries
- How it Happened? e.g. Fall from height. This is a drop down list of predetermined injuries
- Treatment administered e.g. Cleaned and plaster applied. This is a free text box that will suggest the closest name to what you have typed
- What happened next? To Record A RIDDOR Incident Select Student Went To Hospital
When you have selected that you will get this box which allows you to choose whether is RIDDOR reportable or not:
The other boxes are simply notes to add more context to the incident if you wish to. Once all of the fields have been filled in, simply press save and your incident will have been logged.